Friday, June 28, 2013

Learning To Power Down

Hi. I am a forty-ish, perpetual student. School is out, and I am a news junkie and an ex-conservative. I have taken to Facebook to repost the news that I think is funny or compelling. This leads to five to six posts, and some of them come back to back.

My wife sees this as a problem.

I get what she his saying; nothing says desperate than constantly posting on Facebook. However, I don't see anyone tuning me out or turning me off. No one has called me out yet, but perhaps the wife is just saying what everyone else is thinking. But my Facebook feed is tethered to some really nutty stories and I thought, hey, might as well share with my friends. I know for a fact some people enjoy reading my news posts; I have become a tiny news aggregator for many of my friends.

But, perhaps Facebook is the wrong platform to air all of my 'bullshit' out. Maybe people are just being polite and feel a little sorry for me because I am such an incessant poster with an oft-time indulgence in being an asshole. I am an atheist; I share funny pictures, you know, photos with sayings on them. I have found more than a few atheist sites who send me delightfully rebellious photos which I share on 'ol Facebook. This has irked my family(who is rabidly, bizarrely into Jesus, lucky me) and has irked a few of my friends. What's a poor proud atheist to do? Once again, Facebook may not be the best place to be out and proud.

So here I am. I used to blog like a crazy person back in the day; I have had blogs on Wordpress and Blog City. I guess it's now time to try fleshing out this blog, which has been empty for years. I will post news here and attempt expansive commentary. I will wear my badge of atheism proudly and share photos with you(as soon as I learn how, heh). I will quietly read Facebook and bring things that show up in the feed. Facebook has trumped the Huffington Post for grabbing headlines, which is part of why I enjoy it so much. But I will do some silent running at Facebook and bring my rants here.

So I'm back. I don't know how this is going to work out, but I will silence myself on Facebook. If you want my opinion, you will find it here. I will occasionally post stories on Facebook if I feel I have done a good job making it entertaining and informative. I am a right-wing refugee. An atheist. A news junkie.

Perfect fodder for a blog. Here goes nothing.